Friday, September 13, 2013

Good things coming to the forefront

So, things have been....tough around here for a while in regards to me finding a job.  I've been working very, very part time for a couple months, while applying for every job that I might possibly be qualified for, in an effort to ease the financial stress that we've been under.  The part time gig is only 22 hours a month.  The company is SUPER small, and so there just isn't enough hours for all the caregivers that there are.

Anyway, like I said, I've been applying for anything that I can think of, and I had a job interview on Monday.  It's for a cashier position at a convenient store.  It's a really nice store, I shop there occasionally, and everyone who works there is amazingly nice.  Anyway....the manager called me this afternoon, and I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!! It's only part time for right now, but there is the possibility that it could move into more full time.  I should be able to get hours that will work around Hubby's schedule, so we won't necessarily have to put the kids in daycare....which would be AMAZING!

So, I had to get a white polo shirt for part of my "uniform."  I have to wear either black slacks or khakis, closed toed shoes, and a white collared shirt.  They provide name badges and aprons.  I'm pretty stoked.  The manager seems like he is going to be an awesome guy to work for.  I've worked in a convenient store before, so it's kind of old school for me, but hey.....it's a job and money coming in, and they'll work around my schedule with my other job, so it's all good. :)

I'm VERY excited about starting this new venture.  We'll see where it goes, and just go from there.

I know this is super short, but I have a bunch of stuff to do before I can go to bed, and it's already after 11.

Light, love and new jobs!! <3

2 comments:

  1. Congrats sis!! So happy for you, things are coming together nicely and everything else will follow. Good things come to those who bust @ss for it ;)

    ♥~Ordinary Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. Jobs are hard to come by no matter where you live or what your back ground is. I hope you have great luck and enjoy the time spent working. Since we have to work, we should at least enjoy the people we work with, the people we work for, or the actual work. If we can just look forward to one of those things, time will fly.

    ReplyDelete