Friday, August 26, 2011

It's too $%#^@! early......

If anyone says GOOD morning to me, I think they're liable to get smacked.  I haven't found the good in being up this early, ever, so if someone can point it out to me, I would happily change my demeanor to being a morning person.  I thought maybe, having kids would change me to being a morning person.....NOPE.  Not going to happen.  Hell, the sun isn't even up yet, so WHY am I?  Oh, yes, because my beautiful daughter, the one I was just bragging about, decided that it would be good to wake up at 4:40 AM after not going to sleep until almost midnight last night.  Since she didn't fall asleep until almost midnight, it was after that when I finally fell asleep.  So, as you can imagine, I'm not exactly thrilled at the prospect of being awake.  I want my "sleeping 8-9 hours through the night" baby back. :(

I know it's just a stage, hopefully, but dang it, I'm TIRED.  She was up early yesterday too, again after not going to bed until midnight or so, and then she didn't nap well yesterday either.  I don't know what's going on with her, but I am hoping and praying that she will nap this afternoon so that I can lay down and get a bit of a nap in.  8 hours of sleep in the last 3 nights just isn't quite cutting it for this mama.  The coffee isn't even helping this morning. :(  Maybe hopping in the shower will help....I hope anyway.  I have to be awake for at least the next 5-6 hours, and then MAYBE I'll be able to get a nap in......but that's only if Ava naps, which she hasn't been doing very well here lately.

Well, this isn't getting my shower taken, and I'm not going to feel better until that's done, so I suppose I should head off here and get it taken.  Or maybe I'll just curl up on the couch, set the alarm on my phone and get some sleep.  I think that sounds like a better idea!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I remember those days.

    VERY WELL.

    And these nights are never followed by days with a napping infant.

    It's a sub section of Murphy's Law... I swear.


    I know this goes without saying... VITAMINS and LOTS OF WATER.

    You can trick your body into being awake.

    I was certain coffee would do the trick, it only made me shaky and MORE irritable.

    Water and Vitamins. Straight Up.
    OJ. All that good healthy stuff.

    When she doesn't want to sleep... what do you do with her? Rock her, play soothing music? do you let her cry it out?

    I found that the same thing didn't work all the time with Emry. Some nights rocking him would work... some nights it was his vibrating bouncer thingy... some nights it was soothing music... and when nothing worked, regardless of the fact I lived in a thin walled apartment complex... I LET HIM CRY IT OUT, and I put on headphones.

    Some people say it's cruel to let your infant scream their heads off... Some don't.

    But, when you are at your last straw... sometimes it's the only thing that works.

    You just have to out last the infant.
    That's the hard part.

    I am sending good energy your way, and sleepy time thoughts to your munchkin. (I saw her picture in the last post.. she is adorable.)

    I am thinking of what to post today... I'm still not really sure... check me out later on today.. I'll come up with something!

    ~KVS~

    www.katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete