Thursday, August 29, 2013

Ideas rattling around in my brain...................................

I should completely be in bed, because I am EXHAUSTED, but I can't seem to get my brain to shut off long enough to wind down in order to go to bed.

I have so many ideas running around up there, about things I need to do, things I want to get done, and something I am thinking about trying to get together, and I just can't seem to get things to form cohesive enough thoughts to write it down and let it go for now.

I have homework for the bible study that started today.  I was absolutely THRILLED after getting there and starting.  I think I am REALLY going to like this study.  The facilitator is fantastic, everyone was so nice, and the kids had a really nice time.  They really seemed to enjoy themselves, and they got to play with a bunch of toys and other kids.  Neither Cookie nor Muscles have had much interaction with other kids, simply because I stay home and they don't go to daycare.  It was really nice to get some adult time and not have to say "Stop that" or "quit it" or "Don't hit your brother!"

The "company" that does this study has different groups all over the world, and it seems like it is very well put together, and so I'm really looking forward to expanding my relationship with God through this group.  I'm excited to see what He has in store for me on this journey.

I'm looking forward to the beginning of next week too.  On Tuesday, I am going to a MOPS group.  MOPS is a mothers of pre-schoolers program.  It's somewhat like a mom's support group.....and something that I have been desperately needing....adult contact with women who have kids that are the same age as mine so that I have something in common with them.  The kids will get to interact with other kids, again, and I'm really hopeful that maybe I will make some friends.  No one could ever replace Rose, for sure, but I need some friends here that I can have over for coffee or meet for lunch or have a playdate with.....SOMETHING.  It gets so lonely being at home all day by myself, and hanging out with my mom is okay, but....I need some friends.  So, I'm hopeful that someone in either the MOPS group or the bible study and I will hit it off and I will make that friendship that I so desperately need.

Now, for the thing I've thought about trying to start..............I've been tossing around the idea of trying to start a miscarriage support group.  I just don't know where to begin.  Or how to begin....how to get the word out...nothing.  But it's something that I really feel would be a good idea.  Another thing I am not sure of is if it would be well received in the town I live in....it's a small town, although there are several towns that are a bit bigger not terribly far from here........I need to do some more research on it and see what I can figure out.  If anyone has any ideas or knows anyone who has any ideas, please lemme know.  I just have no clue where to start, but it's something that I feel could be very valuable.  I wish something like that would have been available for me......

Anyway...on that note, I am going to head to bed.  Cookie has been getting up pretty early, and I've not been sleeping all that stellar, so I need to make the most out of what I get.  We'll talk more soon, and I'll keep talking out my ideas here, and maybe ya'll can help me get things off the ground. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment