Monday, August 12, 2013

Who's got the remote?

Because whoever it is, you need to stop with the fast forwarding.  This past year has slipped away from me so quickly, and I'm just not at all prepared for it.

My baby, my lil man, my beautiful boy turned one today.  It's so hard to believe that it has been an entire year since I gave birth to my little surprise.  My pregnancy with Muscles was not an easy one.....though it wasn't completely awful either.  I had some pre-term labor, so I was put on bedrest.  THAT was awful.  Having a 14 month old at home and being put on bedrest is NOT easy.  Cookie (what my mom calls my girl) was just not happy that I wasn't able to pick her up, or put her to bed, or give her a bath, or do anything but lay in the recliner.  And then when I was able to come off bed rest at 36 weeks, it took him another 3 weeks to make his appearance. <3

I posted my birth story before, so I won't bore you all with it again.  He was so small, and so perfect............

And now, he's walking, starting to talk, and makes the funniest faces ever.  My handsome lil man is growing so fast, and I'm just not ready for it to be happening so quickly.  I know I don't have a choice, but dang.....could time slow down just a little???

This weekend was eventful and busy, and I'm so looking forward to this next weekend, because it will be quiet and relaxed.  We're going to celebrate Muscles' birthday on Friday, and then my brother is taking my nephews back to IL on Saturday.  That is bittersweet for me, because while they drive me insane, it's been nice having them around this summer.  Christmas can't come soon enough (that's when they'll be back).  I am working very very part time, but hey...it's a job and some money coming in.  I'm still looking for a full time job, but not having a whole lot of luck.

I suppose this is going to be it for tonight.  I'm going to go get myself a bowl of ice cream and finish watching Rock of Ages.  I LOVE this movie. :)

Have a great night, and I'll post some pics of Muscles' celebration this weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww I love that look on his face as he is gazing at you. That there is true love :D

    ReplyDelete