Thursday, October 13, 2011

A new day

*sigh* It's only 11 am, and it's already been a LONG day.  I woke up with a migraine this morning, which prevented me from getting to see my nephews in the parade. :(  That doesn't make me happy.  But, it is what it is, and there's nothing I can do about it now.  I will get to see them here in a few minutes, because they are going to come over here for a bit. :)

Ava, for the first time ever, put herself to sleep. *squeal* The nap didn't last very long, maybe 30 minutes, 45 tops, but the fact still remains that SHE WENT TO SLEEP ON HER OWN!!! I didn't have to rock her, she didn't have her bottle, she went to sleep all by herself!  She is in a pretty good mood now that she's awake, and I should probably get her lunch ready to feed her.



**oye**

Well, as you can plainly see, I didn't get the chance to finish this earlier.  Ah, the joys of being a wife and mother. :P  I also didn't get everything done at home that I wanted to either. *sigh*  But that's ok.  I have tomorrow to get some stuff done.  And then my brother and sister in law and nephews are coming over for dinner.  That should prove to be fun.  Let's just hope that my nephews come with their listening ears on.

I'm watching "How I Met Your Mother" and it's SO funny.  I had never watched it before we moved in with Mom & Dad.  And now it's one of my favorite shows.  It's on at 11 & 11:30, and so I usually end up watching both episodes before I head to bed.  It just kind of depends on how exhausted I am.

I'm eager for my next classes to start.  I am excited to get my new major under way, and see what the next year holds for me.  I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get my program completed in 2012, but I'm not totally sure that'll happen.  It'll probably be 2013 before I'm done, BUT that's going to give me a BA, so I'm good with that.  If I wanted to be done in 2012, it would only be an AS, and I would rather have the BA and be able to teach right away, not just be an assistant. :)  I am so at peace with the decision that I made, and I really think it's going to work out perfectly for us as a family.  I'll be home in the summer with Ava (and any other kids we may have) and I'll have breaks and such as well.  Plus, I'll be home on the weekends, and that's super important as well.  I want to be able to spend as much time with my kiddo(s) as I can.  One of the things I loved about my childhood is that my mom was home with us over the summer, and on the weekends and such, because she worked for the school district.  It was wonderful.  She was home at night with us, and we didn't spend a whole lot of time in daycare, or with a sitter, and that's what I want for my family too.  I'm looking very forward to being a teacher, and I really hope that I can do a good job with it.  I love kids, so....I think that it'll be a good place for me to be. :)

Well, I suppose that I should get this posted and get to bed.  I'm tired, and haven't been sleeping very well at night. So, I'm going to go snuggle next to my sleeping husband, after I peek at my beautiful little girl to make sure she is alright.  I completely and totally LOVE my life.  I couldn't ask for a better husband, and my precious girl is the light of my day.

Stay safe and be blessed my friends.  Life is short.  Tell those you love how you feel EVERY day.  You never know when it will be the last time. <3  Until we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. Love the happy tone at the end of this post!

    **HUGS**

    www.katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) Thanks Kat. It's amazing what a new perspective can accomplish for a person. :)

    ReplyDelete