Saturday, October 1, 2011

Changing my mind....

Yet again. :P  Should this surprise anyone?  No, probably not.  But hey....if I didn't change my mind every so often, I would stop being me. :P

So, I've been bouncing around the idea of changing my major, because the more I thought about it, the more I realized that working in a law firm or for corporate America isn't what I really wanted to do.  I want to be able to spend as much time as possible with my family (however big it gets... :P ) and working a corporate job wasn't really going to allow me to be able to do all that I wanted to do.  So, I've been doing some research, and looking into other degrees that are available, and how long it'll take, etc, and I think I've FINALLY decided what I want to do.

I think I want to go into Early Childhood Education.  I LOVE kids.  Absolutely 100% LOVE them.  I enjoyed teaching Sunday School and Vacation Bible School the years that I taught, and I really think I would love being a school teacher.  I'm going to talk to some of my friends who are teachers about it, and go from there, but I am thinking that come Monday, I'm going to submit my change of degree form.  It will take me a bit longer to get done, since I'll be switching from an associates to a bachelors, BUT, once I get my bachelors, I'll be able to teach at a private school without being certified.  If I want to go through a public school, then I'll have to get certified with the state.  I can cross that bridge when I get closer.  However, there is a private school right here in town, which would be super convenient.  I want to teach either preschool or kindergarten.  MAYBE first grade, but I'm thinking more kindergarten.  I should probably talk to my sister in law too, because she's a preschool teacher. :)  Kids are so curious at that age...and wanting to learn....I think it'll be a blast. :)

Ava is getting her very first tooth. :) It's broken through the gum, and you can feel it.  She's pretty miserable, too.  Poor thing.  She's SO close to crawling too....she's just growing WAY too fast for me.  It won't be long before I'm having to chase her down and having to put her in the play pen to keep her out of stuff. :P  She is SO much fun, and she's really starting to laugh a lot now.  It's hard to believe that she's already 6 months old.

I suppose I best get off the computer and get to bed.  I'm EXHAUSTED.  Ava was up at 6 am and I didn't get to bed until after 1.  And here it is, 12:22 am, and I'm STILL awake.  One of these days I'll learn that I need to go to bed at a decent hour. :P

Stay safe and be blessed my friends, until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment