Sunday, September 11, 2011

A day of reflection....

I sat here and remembered today.  I remembered how I felt watching the horror that unfolded this day 10 years ago.  And I honored those lost with a moment of silence at the exact moment that the towers fell.  And then I went about my day.  Does that make me an awful person?  I did what I felt needed done, and we, as a family, talked about a few things, but our day went on.  I sincerely hope that with the memorial finally being open that the families of those lost at the World Trade Center finally feel that they can move on as well.

Now onto other things.

I am hoping upon hope that my Scentsy business starts to take off.  I still need to call/text my sister in law in San Antonio and convince her that she needs to have a party. :)  I'm going to order a couple of things for myself since they are closeout items, so that should prove to be fun. :)  I am really hoping that it'll take off soon.

I also have a job interview on Tuesday.  I am nervous, but like I said before, the owner's wife sounds like an absolute doll, and I even talked to the owner for a few minutes today to get directions.  I'm hopeful that I will get the position, but we'll just have to see what happens.  I really don't want to have to work, but the fact of the matter is, I want Ava to have anything and everything that her little heart desires (within reason, of course) and if we want to have another baby (which eventually I do) it's going to take more than just Joe's income to be able to provide it.  And if I ever want to move out of my parent's house, I am going to have to get a job. :P  And Lord knows I don't want to live here forever!  All I can do is hope that I make as good an impression on the office manager as I have the owner, and we'll just have to go from there.  So, if you could, please send me all the good luck vibes, prayers, whatever that you can, because I could REALLY use this job, in all honesty. And not only that, but it would get me out of the house, which I am feeling the desperate need for. :P

I'm hoping to be able to manage to have a garage sale sometime in the next month or so.  I've got some stuff that needs to go, and so does Mom.  Her and Dad are going on a cruise in October, so I'd like to have the sale while they are gone.  We'll just have to see what happens.  I figure I could set up a small table with Scentsy books and Avon books too, and go from there. :P

Well, I'm beat, and need to get to bed.  We had a long day today, after a late night last night, so I'm going to hit the sack.  I will try and update more often, but I just seem to run out of time.

Stay safe and be blessed my friends, until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment