Saturday, June 7, 2014

Up too late, brain won't shut off....

*sigh* So, today was the day.  Sadie crossed the Rainbow Bridge, and I can't seem to shake the overwhelming sadness that is flooding my head and heart.  I was there with my mom and dad, and it was probably one of the most difficult things I've ever gone through in my entire life.  I know some people will look at me like I'm insane, but Sadie had been a part of our family for at least 12 years....I think maybe longer.  It's just a very heavy weight...knowing that the next time I walk into my parents' house, she won't be there.  She won't give us kisses, I won't hear her bark....my kids won't get to play fetch with her.  I'm emotionally exhausted, and really need to get to bed, otherwise I would write more.  The kids are going to be up early, I still need to get a shower.  We're going to my brother's tomorrow, gonna go swimming and such.  It's going to be a long day, and hot, BUT, I know that the kids will love getting to play with their cousins. <3

Light, love and Summer time fun. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment