Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day and random thoughts.

So, today is Father's Day.  I got up this morning, took both the kids to church, because Cookie got to sing with the VBS kids.  She loved every minute of it.  She is growing so fast....it's hard to believe.

I need to start checking into preschool for her.  I know she would absolutely LOVE going to school, so I really need to start researching and see if she is able to go.  I'm not sure if she would start next school year, or the following.  I'm still thinking about homeschooling.....but I'm wondering if getting her through kindergarten or 1st grade would be better......I just don't know.  I want her to have a good foundation, and she's SO smart, I know she would catch on quick.  I'm going to have to just start looking and see what's even available.  I would love to be able to send her to the Christian school here, but it is SO expensive.  So I don't really think that's a possibility.

I think that we're going to start going to the Baptist church where VBS was held.  The pastor is great, everyone there is awesome, Cookie LOVES it, there are lots of kids her age that go there......it just feels like an all around win-win situation.  I felt really moved by the talk that Pastor gave this morning, and I really feel like we could be at home there.  I know that the kids will grow and thrive....and that's what I want more than anything.  Somewhere that my kids will make friends that they will grow up with and go to school with and maybe even fall in love with.

It's been a long day....a long week really.  My one client is out of town, so I've been going out to her place and taking care of her cats twice a day.  It's exhausting.  She's paying me to do it, so it's not a super big deal, but it just makes my days a bit longer.  Only about 6 more days to go before she's home.  So, it'll be okay until then. ;)

I should probably get to bed....seeing as it's 12:30 a.m. and I have to be awake at about 6 a.m. to make sure that the front door is locked so that Cookie can't escape....which she did a couple weeks ago.  I had a police officer ringing my doorbell at 8 a.m., because my child went outside and was across the street playing at the park, and some women walking called the police.  I almost had a break down.....she was fine, but the 'what ifs' could have killed me.

Anyway....I'm going to head to bed, get some sleep and start all over again tomorrow.

Light, love and old episodes of Grey's Anatomy.  Nighty night my faithful followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment