Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas parties, sickness, and The Sing-Off

Tonight was the Christmas party for the gas station that I work at.  We went to a local restaurant for dinner, goodies, and a gift exchange.  Dinner was AH-MAZING, as usual from this place.  We all got goodies for our stockings (which were left hung up at the store) which consisted of a crap-ton of candy that my fat butt doesn't need (but I'm gonna eat it anyways!), a couple pens, pencils, a coloring book and crayons, some more candy, Play-Doh, and some chapstick.  Then when everyone was done eating, we moved onto the gift exchange.  We did a Chinese gift exchange...you draw numbers, pick a present and if someone wants to steal what you opened, they can.  Then if your gift gets stolen, you either steal someone else's or pick a new one.  It was good fun.  I ended up with a $25 Starbucks gift card, which I am COMPLETELY happy with.  I LOVE Starbucks, just hate paying so much.  So, I came home with leftovers, because Holy wow, was there a lot of food on my plate for dinner. ;) Hubby has lunch for work tomorrow....if he goes.

On that note.....we are ALL sick.  I ended up with a horrible fever on Sunday, and Monday, and part of yesterday. *sigh* I still don't feel 100%, but at least I don't have a fever anymore.  I only worked part of my shifts both Sunday and Monday (both jobs Monday) because I felt SO horrible.  I slept hard, and still am not back to 100%.  Now Hubby and BOTH kids have it.  Although, I don't think that Muscles has a fever at all....just a super snotty nose.  Cookie has been coughing a lot today.  She had a fever Sunday, but not since.  I left the gas station early Monday, left the kids at the sitter, came home and went back to bed.  Slept til 2:30 when I had to go to my other job.  I'll be SO glad when it is GONE.  Though, like I said, Hubby's got it now..........the same way I started on Sunday....well, Saturday night.  I have to work tomorrow, but Hubby may not go, simply because of not feeling well....and with him working with food, it is really kind of frowned upon for him to go to work ill.  He needs to get into the doctor, so I'll be calling in the morning to get him in. Yay. :P

We're watching The Sing-Off.  I like this show.  But I have a thing for acapella too.....Like the movie Pitch Perfect...LOVE IT! :D

I suppose I really should get to bed......I'm still wiped out from being so sick, and I have to work for my one client in the morning and then the gas station tomorrow night.  At least I get off at 8 tomorrow night.  Then I work days Friday and nights Saturday...but then I am off for FIVE WHOLE DAYS.  I don't go back til Friday after Christmas.....which I am REALLY looking forward to.  I'm glad to get to spend the time with my family, especially since my nephews will be here.  It'll be nice to get the kids back together.  But sad when the boys leave again, and I have to listen to Ava cry and talk about them for weeks on end again.

I hope you all are enjoying the wonderous-ness of the holiday season.  Light, Love and Christmas cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment