Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Missing in Action................

So, I've been a little MIA here lately....things just got kind of kooky around here.  After my last post, we took a trip back to IL to see friends and family.  It was a good trip, albeit too short.  I got to see most everyone that I wanted to, though I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with each of them.  I wanted much more time with my bff, but that just didn't happen.

Things have been crazy and hectic, and don't look like they are going to be slowing down anytime soon, either.  My brother and sister-in-law are leaving on Friday for Japan, I need to get started with work, and school is making me crazy.

I posted on my Facebook page about needing some prayers for my dad....so here's the scoop.  He wasn't feeling well, so he went to the doctor, and they found some issues with his heart.  They admitted him last night (Monday night) and ran some more tests and did a lot of bloodwork.  They did an echocardiogram today and it came back okay.  The plan at this point is that they are going to put in a pacemaker tomorrow.  All the tests and bloodwork that they did showed that there was nothing physically wrong, just that the electrical impulses were not/are not doing what they should be doing.  The pacemaker is a pretty routine thing, but I am still beside myself about it.  Because of Lil Miss and Lil Man, I can't go to the hospital to be with them, but I did get to talk to my dad, and he sounded in good spirits.  The surgery is scheduled for noon tomorrow (Wednesday) and if all goes well, Dad'll come home on Thursday.  My mom stayed at the hospital with him tonight, and my brothers are going to go be with them tomorrow so that Mom isn't alone.  Hopefully Pastor is going to head up there tomorrow too, and so that will just give my mom especially some added comfort.

Well, I suppose that I should close this out for tonight.  I'm exhausted, and I have a full day ahead of me tomorrow.  I promise I will continue the "Journey To Becoming a Mommy" saga.....I will try and get it done tomorrow.

Until next time, stay safe and be blessed my friends. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment