Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I should TOTALLY be in bed.............

But yet, here I sit, in the living room with my laptop on my lap typing. *sigh* One of these days I WILL learn that sleep is a valuable thing, and I will get more of it. 

I have had a lot going on the last couple of weeks, and so I'm trying to get caught up, and I need to get some things OUT of my head, so maybe typing here will help with that.

*sigh*  Let's see.......

I think the last time I posted, I wasn't talking to my soon to be ex SIL, D.  Well, in the last several weeks, her and I have been in contact again, and we're slowly trying to repair the damage that has been done to our relationship.  I'm not placing blame, because it was on both of us.  She didn't call or text, but you know what?  Neither did I.  My feelings were hurt, yes, but I'm sure hers were too.  So, we're working on trying to fix things, and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to.  As for my brother, things with him seem to be getting worse, not better.  He's been in treatment for his PTSD, but he's lashing out more and more, especially at my mom, and it's just not a good thing.  I'm not sure what all happened, but my mom isn't talking to him at all at this point.  It makes me sad, because he's my brother, and I love him.  But at the same time, he needs to put his big boy panties on and deal with stuff instead of displacing the blame to everyone else.  It's really pretty pathetic.  I get that PTSD is serious and debilitating, but that absolutely does NOT excuse the way he treats other people, especially women.  He has started to talk down to me, and I guarantee you I will NOT put up with it for one single minute.  So, as a result of that, he and I haven't really spoken at all either.  I understand that he is hurt that my SIL left, but he's putting all the blame on her and not taking any responsibility for any of it himself.  I would love for things to work out between them, but I don't think that J is in any way ready to try and repair their marriage, and D just is not willing at all.  And I honestly can't say that I blame her one bit.  She put up with J's crap a whole lot longer than I EVER would have.

My moods and emotions have been getting a whole lot better.  I think my hormones are FINALLY evening out since my surgery, and for that I am VERY thankful.  I was really starting to think that I was losing my ever loving mind. ;) But things are definitely much better, and hopefully they are going to continue on that upward trend.

Hubby went back to working on first shift on Friday, and I really couldn't be happier.  I have NEVER liked him working second shift, even before we were married, and so for him to be back on days is just awesome.  He's home for dinner, he gets to spend more time with the kids, and it just makes me completely happy.

Lil Man has a doctor's appointment in the morning for his 6 month checkup.  Holy cow.  I can hardly believe that he's 6 months old already. *sigh* He's growing entirely way too fast for my liking.  I am really excited to see how much he weighs and exactly how long he is.  At his 4 month appointment, he weighed more than Lil Lady did at her 6 month check up.  :) He's a big 'un, that's for sure!!!!

Being a mom has been the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I consider myself so incredibly blessed to have these 2 beautiful babies for my very own.  I really look forward to what the future holds for us as a family and I am excited to watch my children learn and grow and become their own little people.

I better get myself to bed.  I have to be up early to get the kids up and ready to go.  My parents are keeping Lil Lady for me so that I can take Lil Man to the doctor and not have to try and entertain her too.  I will try and post another update on him tomorrow evening, we'll just have to see how the day turns out. ;)

Stay safe and be blessed my friends, until we meet again. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment