Thursday, May 10, 2012

Late nights, job interviews, and worry...........

So, things with this pregnancy so far have been pretty uneventful.  That is until yesterday.  I'd been feeling some cramping off and on since Monday night after I went to bed.  Over the course of Tuesday, it had been getting progressively more uncomfortable.  I don't want to say painful, because it wasn't really painful.  Just annoying more than anything.  As the day turned into night, it got worse and more uncomfortable.  I told Hubby if it continued I was going to call the doctor in the morning.  So, yesterday morning, when I got out of bed after not sleeping well because of it, I called the OB's office.  I told the receptionist on the phone what was going on, and she said ok, I'll have the doctor call you back.  I figured honestly that it would be a nurse, not the doctor.  Well, lo and behold, the doctor himself actually called me back.  After talking to him for a bit and him asking me a bunch of questions, he told me that I needed to get to the hospital as soon as I could, so off I went.  I got there, and they hooked me up to the baby monitor and something that monitored any contractions I may be having (The typical stuff they hook you up to when you go in to have your baby).  They did a urine test and a swab test of my hooha, and I waited.  And waited. And waited.  A while later, the nurse comes in with a bag of fluid and the tubing for an IV and tells me that I just bought myself an IV and a shot to stop contractions. *sigh*  So, she hooked me up to all of that, and I got to wait some more.  She gave me the shot, which burned like a son of a gun.  I was told that I have a slight bladder infection, so I also got a bag of antibiotics, and I got sent home with 2 different antibiotics.  Basically, I was dehydrated, because I've not been drinking enough water, and with having a slight bladder infection on top of that, my uterus was freaking out.  My cervix was thick and closed, so they weren't too concerned with necessarily pre-term labor, but because of the irritability, I'm now at a higher risk for pre-term labor.  Yay.  So, I'm on pelvic rest for the next week at a minimum, and if it happens again or continues, I'm likely to be put on bedrest.  So, that was my excitement for yesterday.

I got home and took it easy for the rest of the day, and Hubby had to call in to work since I was gone so long (and the hospital is about 40 minutes away) so he stayed home last night to allow me to continue to take it easy.  He pretty well took care of the lil one so that I could rest.  I'm feeling MUCH better today.  Still having a tiny bit of discomfort off and on, but when I do, I know it's because I need to relax a bit and drink some water.  Once I do that, I pretty well immediately feel better.

In other news,  I have a job interview tomorrow.  I'm nervous, because it's been 2 years since my last job interview, and because I'm pregnant.  There's no way that I can hide it, because I'm HUGE, and I just worry that it's going to prevent me from getting the job. *sigh*   When he called me today, I commented about having a 1 year old, and he said "my secretary is here with her newborn.  The baby is sleeping and she's working, if that tells you anything about us."  I'm HOPING upon hope that they will be okay with me being pregnant.  If worse comes to worse, I'll only take the 2 weeks that I can't drive after having Collin off, and then go back to work.  Hubby can be home with him the majority of the day, and then I may just have to have my sister in law keep the kids until we can find daycare for them.  I thought about getting them put on the waiting list, but I don't want to do that until I know for sure if I even have the job.  I should TOTALLY be in bed at this point, because I have to leave my house NO later than 9:30 to get to the interview, and I'll probably want to leave a bit before that, but I also want to wait for Hubby to get home from work, because he's going to need some dinner.  But once he's home and got his dinner, I'm taking myself to bed.  I have to figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow too....I don't have much in the way of nice clothes that still fit my pregnant self.........I can't believe how nervous I am..........  It's insane.

Well, I suppose I've rambled on long enough tonight........I need to get myself some more water and something to munch on.

Stay safe and be blessed my friends, until we meet again.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your interview!

    And rest as much as you can.