Monday, September 8, 2014

Laundry, cartoons and kids

Today is a busy day around FTM Land. Trying to get the house cleaned up and looking not so much like a pit. I have really slacked on my housekeeping duties, and it is simply because I lack the motivation to keep up with it. I am sick of being embarrassed to have company because of the state of my house. It makes for a very lonely life, truth be told . I am starting to make friends, and would really like to have more play dates and can't do that if the house is a disaster and there is laundry everywhere. 

Being a stay at home mom is so awesome and rewarding, but so much work too. I am learning that I need to manage my down time more, and have been thinking about removing the Facebook app from my phone. I find I spend entirely WAY too much time drinking around there when I should be doing other things. The days I put my phone on the shelf and leave it, I get SO much more completed. And I feel better about having a clean house than knowing what everyone is doing online.

The kids are growing by leaps and bounds and I am so excited to see the awesome little people they are becoming.

Anyways, I suppose I better scoot for now. A mothers work is never done. 

Light, Love and Bubble Guppies. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. :) All things in life are about moderation. Right? So - why don't you make a schedule - where you put your phone on the shelf between THIS time and THIS time? And spend that time without your phone doing those chores.

    It's a lot of work - but I'm sure it's about you finding your balance.

    ReplyDelete