Thursday, July 17, 2014

Play dates, mac n cheese, and cleaning

This week has been a tough one, to say the least.  Cookie is REALLY missing Nana, which is making me miss her more too.  I can't blame Cookie....she has really only known life with Nana right here.  We moved here when Cookie was 7 weeks old, and have seen my parents really frequently the whole time.  I think there has only been 3 times since we moved here 3 years ago that my parents weren't around for more than a couple days.  Maybe 4 times.  It's tough to say the least.

One of the moms from my MOPS group has 2 kids that are really close in age to Cookie and Muscles, and so we've gotten together a couple times this week for a lunch play date.  It's been nice having someone to come and break up the monotony of being at home with the kids all day alone.  I almost feel like I'm cheating on my bestie in IL, Rose, but I have to break up the staying at home all day every day with the kids by myself.  We had mac n cheese and strawberries for lunch, with cookies for dessert.  It's nice having some kids close to my kids' ages that can come play and keep my kids entertained for a bit.  Even if they fight and argue some. ;) Kids will be kids, and mine are at that age where they are trying to figure out what it means to share.  It's been really nice knowing that they are having fun while learning at the same time.

We had a little bit of a rain shower not too long after they left, but it seems to have passed over without doing much. We REALLY need the rain, and we're not really getting the amount that we need.  We're supposed to get rain until Sunday, so I really hope that it starts to pick up a bit here soon.

I should be doing laundry or cleaning, and I just can't seem to want to get up off my ever expanding butt to do anything.  I think a lot of my laziness today has to do with the fact that I didn't sleep very well last night.  Cookie got up at some point and got in bed with us, and then she was up when Hubby got up for work, which meant that I was up.  I got her to lay down with me and sleep for a while longer, but then she was up again at 7, wanting to watch cartoons.  So, 6 hours of broken sleep really just didn't do me any good.  Now the kids are both down for a nap, and I should be doing SOMETHING, but I'm sitting on the couch, with the computer in my lap, watching True Blood.

I'm really looking forward to the day when the kids can help clean up and do their laundry and wash dishes.....not sure when that will actually happen though....lol

I suppose this is it for now, I really need to go get the kitchen cleaned up, and grab something to snack on.

Light, love and True Blood.  Until next time, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment