Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lots of thoughts today....

So I might as well continue to type them out, yes?

I've decided that I'm sick of being a fat ass, so I joined Weight Watchers today.  I didn't gain a bunch of weight with the pregnancy, in fact it was just the opposite...up until the last 3 weeks, I lost weight.  The last 3 weeks, I gained, but over all was only 4 pounds above pre-pregnancy weight.  After having Lil Lady, I lost about 20 pounds.  Here in the last couple of weeks, however, I've put some of that weight back on, and that's not sitting well with me.  So, like I said, I went and joined Weight Watchers.  My mom and dad are both having success with it, and I have a friend who has had success with it as well.

The new points system seems super easy to use/understand, so I'm looking forward to taking this venture on my road to getting to exactly where I want to be.  I'm going to make small goals to get myself on the right track, and just go from there.  Lucky for me, we'll be moving in with my parents in a mere 13 days, so I'll have even more support than just my wonderful hubby.

I CAN do this.  I WILL do this.  It's not just about me and Hubby anymore.  We have another person that we have to take care of and provide for, and she deserves nothing but the best.  I can't be the best mom ever if I am neglecting my own health.  And being fat is doing just that....neglecting my own health.  I want to be around to see her grow up and get married and have babies of her own.

I'm sure there will be struggles, in fact I'm pretty prepared for it.  This will likely turn into my venting/bragging ground while I'm on my weight loss journey. :)

2 comments:

  1. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”

    To each of you that I have awarded this Versatile Blogger Award, I do so with humble gratitude to my friend for passing it along to me and in thanks to you for sharing yourself with your readers. It challenges you to pass it in return to 15 others. You were among my list. Sometimes you strike my heart; sometimes you strike the secret part – that rubs me the wrong way in defense, sometimes you leave me breathless at your words or photos. You always leave me inspired, encouraged, challenged and stronger that I was before though. And for that, I pass this award along to you.

    Please visit me athttp://parenting-theblackhole.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html to accept it and to pass it along to other bloggers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and I know you can do it!!!!! I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete