Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Long day leading into a long night...........

It's been a long couple of weeks.  The kids are both growing like weeds, I'm still looking for a job, Hubby is doing well at work. 

Christmas and New Year's went off without a hitch.  We adopted my brother's 2 Chihuahuas, Maggie & Dobby, and they are adjusting really well.  It's not easy having 2 kids and 2 dogs, but it's fun having them around.  They are really pretty well behaved, and once we get into a place that has a fenced yard, it'll be even easier for me to get them out and such.

I'm still looking for a job, and starting to become REALLY frustrated with the entire process.  I have been on several interviews over the course of the last couple of months, all of them ending in me being turned down.  It's been a huge blow to my ego and self esteem to say the least.  I feel like a complete and utter failure.  I know that is really probably not the case, but, it's just how I feel. 

And the part that sucks the most about it is that I don't even WANT to go back to work.  I like being able to stay home with my kids.  But the fact of the matter is that it's just too hard to raise kids on one income.  Especially with bills and car payments and all of that kind of stuff. *sigh*  I had another interview on Friday as well as one on Monday, and so I'm hoping that something comes of one of them.  I felt pretty good about both of them, but I've felt pretty good about every other interview that I've been on too, and nothing's come of any of them. :(  Both of the places would be wonderful to work at.  One is part time in a town about 20 minutes from us, and the hours would be such that we wouldn't have to put the kids in daycare.  I would be home before Hubby would have to leave for work, which would be great for our pocketbook.  The other is full time, in a town about 40 minutes away.  If that one were to come through, we would move to the city that Hubby works in, and then my drive would only be about 20 minutes.  The pay is fantastic, it's a small up and coming company, and the office manager is co-owner.  It's her and her husband that own the company, and her and I seemed to get along really well, and it was very easy to talk to her.  Honestly, that's the place I would prefer to work at, even though it would mean putting the kids in daycare, and not being home as much.  And it would mean a 40 minute drive one way until we could get moved.  And I'm not sure how we would even work it out since we only have 1 vehicle right now.....but somehow we would make it work.  Even if I had to work a bit longer so that I could drive home and get him and take him to work then go back until we get a 2nd vehicle.  Or find a cheap, cheap car for him to drive back and forth or something.  All I know is we desperately need for me to find SOMETHING, and soon.

I need to get to bed, because my brain is on overload, and if I don't go lay down, I'm going to go crazy.  I'll try and get back for another post asap....though I don't know if anyone even reads the crazy that I put out there.... lol

Stay safe and be blessed my friends, until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment