Sunday, December 23, 2012

Holy jeebus......

It must be a Christmas miracle......2 posts in one week! :P

This holiday has snuck up on me much quicker than I would have liked to admit.  It's insane to me how fast it got here, and how unprepared I feel for it.  All my shopping is done, got it all done last week, but I still just don't feel ready.

I have all the gifts to wrap yet.  I have some baking/cooking to do, and a big chunk of my family isn't going to be here. *sigh*

My brother JA and sister in law D are separated.  She went on vacation to IL this summer, and decided to not come back.  She took my nephews, and has been pretty well not talking to anyone.  I have my opinions about it, which I will keep to myself, because they are NOT very nice, and I don't want to be super bitch this close to Christmas.  So, anyway, since they are in IL, my brother is driving up there to see them....and I'm glad that he is, because he needs to be with his boys for Christmas.  I just wish that they were HERE.  But that's just not going to happen.

Hubby & I are planning a trip to IL in the spring to visit, since it will be almost 2 years since we've been back up there.  That seems insane to me, because it really doesn't feel like it's been that long.  Anyhoo, when we go up there, I'm not sure that we will go and see my nephews.  D was supposed to be one of my best friends, and she just completely cut me out of her and my nephews' lives, so I just don't know that I want to have anything to do with her at all.  And if that means that I don't get to see my nephews, then so be it.  I am hurt and sad and a whole miriad of emotions, and at this point in time, I don't want to see her.  So, unless something changes between now and then, we likely won't see the boys when we go up either.

So, for that reason (the separation that is) this holiday season has been really tough for me.  I'm sure it's been even worse for my brother, and I know it's been hard on my mom too.  Then knowing that this is the last Christmas that we'll have JM & T & the baby here for a few years is hard too.  But, we're going to get some good pics of the kids over the course of the next few days, and hopefully after income taxes, we'll get some family pics done, and it'll all be good.

I suppose since I have to be up early to get ready for church that I should get to bed.  C is going to be baby Jesus for the Christmas program tomorrow, and we're having breakfast at church beforehand.  I hope he does okay.  He should.....I just need to make sure and feed him before the service, and maybe he will just sleep through it......lol. 

Anyway, I will probably not be back on before Christmas Day, so I just want to say Merry Christmas to all you beautiful followers.  I hope Santa is good to each and every one of you, and may God's light shine on you during this wonderful time of year. <3

Stay safe and be blessed my friends, until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment